Hanbury Parish Council


Parish Councils are the 'grass roots' of the local government system and were formed by the Local Government Act 1894.  The first Hanbury Parish Council was elected by a show of hands at a meeting of 4 December 1894 and the first meeting was held on 13 December 1894.

Any person who is on the local government Electoral Role may attend meetings, but cannot take part in the discussions.  They are also entitled to attend the Annual Parish Meeting and may raise matters for discussion.

The Councillors try to represent the interests of the residents of Hanbury (approx 500), trying to do what is best for the wellbeing of local people and the quality of the environment in which we live.  Meetings are non-party-political and are held in the Hanbury Memorial Hall, Anslow Road.

The Council has limited powers but takes an active interest in all matters that affect village life, in particular:  Planning and

Development matters (comments and recommendations can be made to the Planning Authority, East Staffordshire Borough Council).

Environmental and Highway issues including litter, dog fouling,
street lighting, grass cutting, potholes, drainage problems, the playingfield, the bus shelter, roadside seats, public footpaths and The Common.
   

Clerk / RFO:

Mrs Amanda Andrew

44 Hollow Lane, Draycott in the Clay, Ashbourne, DE6 5HQ

Tel: 01283 820420

Email: hanburyparishcouncil@live.co.uk

St. Werburgh's Church

 

   

Fauld Memorial Stone



 

 


 










Community Web Kit provided free by BT